Let’s Begin Collaborating
Above all else, I want to make sure my clients’ homes reflect their personality and style, never generic or basic. The Discovery Call and Initial Design Consultation take place to obtain an understanding of what changes the client wants to make in their home and what currently isn’t working. A recap of the items discussed is sent within 48 hours.
If you decide to move the project along, I will draft a design agreement for you which discusses our scope together and our rates as discussed above. Once you return the design agreement with your deposit, I will get started on our design concept for your project.
Design fees generally include:
Initial meeting and onsite visit to obtain measurements and photos, further information.
Creative Expertise and Design Creation
Preparing interior plans such as floor plans, elevations
Product sourcing and sample presentations virtually, retail or trade
This may include some interim meetings and communication along the way.
I will present my initial plans and ideas in a visually appealing format so you can envision your space through sketches, photos, storyboard and computer aided design.
One or two additional meetings, plus shopping trips, as required for the project.
Documentation of the design with drawings, a 3-D digital layout, specifications and textile samples.
If you are purchasing furnishings through me, we will go through the quoting process and submit our pricing on individual items as decisions are made.
- I can get quotes for you on purchases you wish to make through me. If we're doing any custom work, like window treatments, upholstery, woodwork, cabinets etc., this is a process.
- With a furnishings job, we typically charge 100% for the item at order unless there is an extraordinarily long lead time. Shipping is estimated based on our experience and taxes are included. The time spent tracking and coordinating everything that relates to those products are covered in the cost.
Procurement + Construction Services: This can be optional if you want to hire another contractor and do the following yourself.
- Placing Orders on your behalf via Trade Sources
- Order Tracking
- Management of Receiving and Inspection, Product Assembly as needed
- Problem Resolution
- Storage and Delivery Arrangement
- Communications with Contractor
- Contractor Recommendations
- Liase with Contractor on Design Directions
- Ongoing Communication with Contractor